Learn how to manage burnout and restore joy and purpose to the practice of medicine
The need is critical. The Affordable Care Act is increasing access to healthcare. Ten thousand Baby Boomers are becoming seniors every single day. At the same time, the physician workforce is decreasing.
Consider these statistics:
1. 30% of primary care physicians ages 35-49 expect to leave healthcare.
2. 73% of physicians would not recommend the profession to their children.
3. Physicians are more likely than the general population to commit suicide.
Stress is not new to healthcare. Fifty years ago, physicians also faced stress. Today, however, half of all doctors, nurses and healthcare administrators say they are burned out. Register for this webcast to hear our panel of experts discuss:
- How to manage burnout from a leadership position
- What burnout means for healthcare organizations
- How policy and government impact burnout
- What it means to practice medicine in a burned out environment
- How burnout impacts quality outcomes
- How burnout affects the patient experience
- How to restore joy and purpose to medicine
Our panel of experts features:
· William Maples, M.D., Chief Medical Officer for Professional Research Consultants
· Bridget Duffy, M.D., Chief Medical Officer for Vocera
· Ronald Paulus, M.D., President and CEO of Mission Health
· Tom Cosgrove, Founder of Qpatient Insight
Download the Mission Health and Mission Hospital
Medical Staff Guiding Principals and Commitment Document
Download the Physician Burnout White Paper